Thursday, February 19, 2015

Searching for ORANGE (RoyGBiv)

Jennifer Coyne Qudeen's and Julie Booth's Searching For Roy G Biv blog hop has brought us to the second color in the visible spectrum of light, ORANGE.  February, at least here in Kentucky, is fairly devoid of orange. Brown and gray we have in plenty, but orange - not so much. Therefore, I decided I'd have to search among my own artwork for a color so bright.



Transformation 14







Kalachakra Matrix







Angel of the Flame






Convergence







Please head over to Julie Booth's or Jennifer Coyne Qudeen's gorgeous blogs to check out the other oranges everyone found!














23 comments:

  1. Hi Sharmon--Some truly inspiring oranges!!! Thanks for playing this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Julie; it's always fun to play along!

      Delete
  2. Oh Sharmon, I wish I could see Angel of the Flame in person. Truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, just what I needed today. Xo Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful warm (orange) work Sharmon, convergence is my favorite, so well balanced, intense and a powerful moon,
    wishing you some sunlight very soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Renilde; I'm glad you enjoyed them so much. Thanks for the sunlight wish, too!

      Delete
  5. just amazing color... and great contrast, oranges and blues...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't decide...I love them all and the titles too! Beautiful work Sharmon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the warm expression of every piece. Couldn't choose a favorite...:) - eric

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I don't know which one I like best...ok I love all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the enthusiastic compliment, Leesa!

      Delete
  9. Sharmon,
    Your paintings are stunning. Orange yes, but I want to look at all the colors within them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful artworks - lovely colours including oranges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.