Tuesday, July 11, 2017

In My Garden




This is why they call it butterfly weed...








The yellow hostas have a strange pale flower that I like very much.








Coreopsis verticillata blooms all summer, if you deadhead it... I need to do that about a week ago...




Bee balm, also known as monarda and bergamot, is what gives Earl Grey tea its distinctive flavor.




 I love all these perennials...




Hostas, coleus, and ferns in my shade garden.




The echinachea seems especially vibrant this year...




The bees seem to think so, too.




One of the orange turk's cap lilies is dying, but has produced these humongous seeds, unlike the lily's usual seeds. Anyone know why?



Here you can see the regular seeds that appear on the stem.




I chased this tiger swallowtail butterfly around for probably half an hour,




trying to get a decent shot...




                                                                It was pretty camera-shy...




...but I finally managed to get a few good ones.



I hope you enjoyed my little garden stroll. Have a great week, everyone!






4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and magical garden...gorgeous...the colors are a feast for the soul! Wonderful butterfly photos!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Victoria! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous... Thanks for the beauty break my friend! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.